12/13 Prompt: Action. When it comes to aspirations, its not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? Via Scott Belsky.
I’ll give you two examples, one professional and one personal.
The Professional: deliver the Spring Summer 2012 design concept.
- Assign colors from the palette to the new patterns.
- Decide if I have enough patterns. My gut tells me I need 1 or 2 more.
- Finalize new styles.
- Brainstorm which current styles to cut from the 2012 offering.
- Knowing that I’ll overdevelop (more colors + patterns than I actually need), project where we need to land. How many colors? How many patterns?
The Personal: Plan for the First Live Art Battle in Siem Reap.
- Date and location are finalized. January 22nd at Art Deli on the Alley West. Event details have been released to the press, which means we have to get on it!
- Get 8 artists to sign up through personal invitations or announcement by Jan 15th.
- Advertising and marketing strategy. Court sponsors. Brainstorm cross-promotion opportunities.
- Solidify judging panel.
- Finalize art materials and theme.
Both projects are time-sensitive. Both occur in January. Pressure is on, and that’s the way I like it.
Are you an artist in Siem Reap who wants to join the first-ever Siem Reap Live Art Battle? Think Iron Chef meets Art. Contact me.
Do you own a business in Siem Reap and want to be a part of the first-ever Siem Reap Live Art Battle? Drop me a line.
Reverb 10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next