Soul-Stirring Reads & Recommendations To Provide Safe Harbour During Challenging Voyages
As I’ve been moving through fear, immense obstacles, and heightened vulnerability, I’ve found it extremely important to take care of myself.
So, I’ve been bolstering my heart and nourishing my soul. Setting myself awash with heartwarming and heartbreaking stories that remind me what it means to be achingly alive.
– Why Lying Broken in a Pile on Your Bedroom Floor is a Good Idea by Julie (JC) Peters. An article on the Hindu goddess of never not broken, Akhilandeshvari. Take comfort in your brokenness and know that it is the seat of your strength.
– Defy The Lie. “Take a day to heal from the lies you’ve told yourself and the ones that have been told to you.” -Maya Angelou
– The previous article is from Roots of She. The entire site is spectacular. Go and breathe in the wise words of that magnificent tribe.
– Wild Sister Magazine. Each issue has made me wild with the desire to write. I feel evermore connected to this great global sisterhood of women who live and work on their own terms.
– Kind Over Matter. Regiving because it made me smile, cry, and laugh in turn. Spin Your Story (200 Emotionally Charged Writing Prompts) because my voice has been caught and my body and hands ache to write again.
– Write Your Way Home. Because writing is my home; it makes me feel vital.
** Some of these are affiliate links. All have been invaluable.